“Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?”. Guilty as charged!
I’m a sucker for baked goodies, from cakes to pies to cookies to anything that’s come out of the oven. I literally trip on sugar and carb highs! Also, I think my passport should call my home turf Sugarville *wink*.
I’m also a wannabe Sunday baker- the kind that wakes up, puts on an apron and whips up delicious goodies. So, sometimes I channel my inner Nigella and pull out a recipe to try on my imagery cook show set. Today’s recipe is so simple, you’ll almost want to snicker at the three (yes three) ingredients and give yourself a pat on the back! Shall we get into it?
Easy Peasy Condensed Milk Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup wholewheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- sprinkles galore and chocolate chips
- Take out the butter and let it soften at least half an hour before you get baking.
- Cream the butter lightly with a hand mixer and slowly pour in the condensed milk, till it becomes a lump of heaven.
- Use a sieve and add in the baking powder + wholewheat flour and give it a quick mix. Be careful not to over do this part.
- Gather the cookie dough, wrap it in cling film and let it chill like a boss in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Then preheat the oven at 160C and hand roll the dough into mini 1 inch balls. Lightly press them down and roll them in the shredded coconut or add on some sprinkle love. I also tried a few with chocolate chips.
- Let them bake for 8 minutes and get back to stalking on Instagram.
- When the timer goes off, them them cool down on a wire rack and patiently wait before you dive in *cookie monster growls*.
And there you have it, an easy peasy three ingredient cookie with three variations. Chalo, thank me later.